Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Opus of the Traitor (Traitor Series: Part IV)

(Click to enlarge)
Ruins and a graveyard. I'll admit I was rather disappointed at this climax for all the walking I'd done. My expectations were pocked, turning from excitement to ordinary disdain. A few burnt trees, several unmarked graves, a twisted stone arch; these are not unique enough to write about in scholarly circles.

But I've written this, so surely you must know that something did happen. As I walked among the graves, meticulously checking each stone for a name I could research later, many of the trees around the site became suddenly aflame. A windless zephyr fell over the site, forceful whispers all speaking of traitors and justice. The skies seemed to slowly turn more and more red as moments passed, an all-encompassing fire in the clouds. I feared that I had overstayed whatever welcome I had and promptly began my descent, my legs miraculously feeling very much alive with energy now.

I am back at the Mages Guild in Sanguine safely writing these memories down now. In piecing these events together, I feel that the spirits of the Ul'Tannek who had gone to Qurjah all that time ago must be trapped still by some nefarious arcane magic upon that hill. I'm still considering the etchings of the boat and the tomb, trying to derive meaning. Were there traitors within the group attempting to harness for themselves some power meant to hasten the return of Ur-Khamset? How have the spirits survived within the...

FIND THE BLOOD CRYSTAL...
                                  ...GRAVEYARD...
...THE TOMB...
                                                                                               ...FREE ONLY ONE...
...I AM NOT THE TRAITOR.

I've not written these words...

No comments:

Post a Comment