Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Where Traitors Pray (Traitor Series: Part III)

(Click to enlarge)
I continued my ascent once I'd studied the tomb enough. My legs grew poignantly tired with each step, but to turn back now would leave me no less distance to travel. As such, I continued on my way.

Not too much further up the hill, only a few stone palisades further, I came upon the next of my unexpected discoveries. The center structure bore four skeletal guardians as seemingly useless as the last two at the tomb. Four ramps ascended to the center of this shrine and found only a bowl there. I circled this display only a few times before giving up on its secrets.

Surrounding the center shrine were several unkempt stone structures, a few of which were towers that one could climb to the top. Nothing of note revealed itself to me within them.

From where I stood now, near the shrine pondering again its secrets, I could see the ramp to my final destination. It rose steeper then the circling hill had and I could not see what rested atop that last ascent. As I moved to finish my journey to the top, the shrine did finally give me pause. In perfect synchronicity, the right hands of the four skeletal guardians rose. At that moment, a red flame burst up from the bowl at the shrine center. No other movement or change can I record.

Perturbed, but unable to give up after coming so far, I pressed forward to the hilltop.

No comments:

Post a Comment