Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Where Traitors Lie (Traitor Series: Part II)

(Click to enlarge)
To the north of the crumbling port on the southern coast of Qurjah lies the only land mass of any note nearby. It seems apparent to my much tested sense of research that this must be the place to go.

The only path up the otherwise too steep cliffs was a natural ramp on the eastern release of the hill. It circled widely around the apex of the hill, my destination, and many stone palisades lined the ascent. The air grew thinner the longer I walked, a constant reminder of my increasing elevation.

I had not yet reached the top when a particularly interesting structure revealed itself. A ring of six pillars surrounded a circular, stepped grate. Behind this display was a small mausoleum, complete with two eternally vigilant, albeit useless skeleton guard statues. Inside was a tomb fit for only one body. Perhaps hauntingly, scratched into the top of the tomb was a sentence quite similar to the one on the boat:

I WAS NOT THE TRAITOR

When I came out of the mausoleum, having gained what little knowledge it offered, I noticed a change. The pillars, previously cold and unassuming, were now alight with flame around the grate.

It would seem that my research into this foray of the Ul'Tannek is becoming less about the vines of Ur-Khamset history and more about these odd discoveries.

No comments:

Post a Comment